Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Matters...


...taking a much needed break, and other things...
Often I feel like I can tell, or show, my child something 5 million times and it just doesn't click until they want it to. I think that that moment of inspiration and understanding is difficult to achieve everyday. I notice that lots of things (those awful distractions) make it difficult for Gabby to concentrate. Some days it's a TV someone is watching in another room, other days it's her ADHD coming out, and occasionally it's just the wrong time of day. I find these to be much bigger hurdles in homeschooling than worrying about curriculum or making sure my daughters is on the right track. People will tell you that your own intuition is the best judge of what to do for your kid, which is true, but I occasionally find it difficult to seperate my intuition from my insecurities (which sometimes tell me I must have been slightly crazy when I decided to homeschool). I give no advice on how to overcome this, just the knowledge that you are not the only one out there that feels this way sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment