Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Matters...


... becoming the next Picasso, and other things...


I have recently discovered my local library. Now I always knew it was there, but I never really knew everything they offered. A good friend, and fellow homeschooling mother, told me to make friends with the local librarians. And that might have been the best homeschooling advice I ever received. You would not believe the help and assistance I receive when I go in. I walk in and they help me gather every book they can find on whatever subject Gabby & I are interested in at the moment. They also make recommendations based on other things we have already checked out. Recently, I've been checking out all their classic movies (anything with Doris Day). And online book reservation is the best idea ever. I can reserve books for future pick-up dates too. In our area the library also offers a program for preschoolers to receive a book a month for free until they turn 5. Not all of them are great, but most of them are pretty cute. So if you haven't explored your library recently, you really should.

No comments:

Post a Comment