Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Matters...


... wreath making, and other things...


As I have stated previously, I don't do the complete curriculum thing. I like to find a few good books, then go from there. While this can be a lot more work, it's also a lot more fun. However, sometimes I have a brilliant idea, but I'm not quite sure how to implement it. I ran into this problem while planning Gabby's social studies curriculum for next year. We will be studying countries of the world, and I was wanting a fun way to teach about traditional clothing for various countries. Well inspiration struck at Micheals Craft store the other day. I was looking for scrapbooking supplies when I noticed these 12 inch tall chipboard people. I could see how easy it would be to make clothing out of construction paper for them and we could even draw little faces on them. They were perfect!


Since deciding to homeschool I have had lots of these little moments were inspiration hits in the most unlikely places. And when they happen, it always reassures me that I made the right decision for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment